Thursday, September 01, 2005

I've been chuckling a lot over the "Iraqi theocracy" meme lately. It occurs to me today that Reverend Al Sharpton and Reverend Jesse Jackson are more theocrats than Al-Sistani, the top cleric in Iraq. Those two both ran for the highest office in the land; Al-Sistani has not only eschewed politics, he's even demanded no political party campaign using his name.

Britain, meanwhile, continues to be ruled by unelected clerics in the House of Lords (I expect them to forge a close alliance with Iran any day now). Not only that, they still haven't even agreed on a constitution!
It is one of the few countries (and the most significant) that does not have a codified constitution.
Where is the outrage over this failed theocratic state? Is this what 500,000 of our troops died to defend in WW II?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's it going? Just letting you know I visited your site and I will be leaving you some of my information. If you find this information useful, please leave this posting on. If not, you can erase it. Wedding Favors - Wedding Party Favors - Bridal Shower Favors
Visitors to your site might find my products useful. Thanks for letting me post on your site.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog you've got here! I'm sure I'll be back... :-)

As you might know, reading blogs can be a dangerous business. One blog I visited actually opened my PC's cd-rom. Others have scripts in their pages that do all sorts of things. God knows what they put on my PC.

I use Evidence Eliminator to clean my PC of this "filth" daily. I suggest that you should too for your own privacy and for your PC's safety.

I admit it, I sell Evidence Eliminator. I usually sell it for ten percent off. But because you are reading my comment (thank you), I want to give you half off. Just send me an email at info(at)evidence-eliminator-info.com and I'll reply with a special URL where you can get half off.

If you search for evidence eliminator software in the search engines, you may find other sites like my evidence eliminator software site. But you won't get this special offer (smile).

Take care, and have a great day.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! If you have time see my ##MLM## related site. enjoy! It pretty much covers ##MLM## related stuff.

12:31 PM  
Blogger TallDave said...

Gah!

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Fitch said...

3 spams and a "Gah!" Best laugh I had all day.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home