Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The eternal wisdom of Google on health

Once again, I bring you the infallible oracle of modern times, this time regarding:

green tea, cinnamon, and Vitamin C.

I like Stash tea myself, and not just because it allows me to point to a baggie full of green stuff and proudly announce "that's my stash." They have an excellent selection (my daily blend is half Gunpowder Green and half Premium Green, with half a cinnamon stick tossed in) and pretty reasonable pricing. If you don't like drinking tea, extracts are available in powder and pill form. It's probably the single best thing you can do for your health.

I don't like to talk about my life too much here, because frankly writing my opinions and expecting anyone to read or care about them seems narcissistic enough. But as a public service, let me say the following in the hopes someone will find it useful: I hate being sick. It's just so damned inconvenient. Since reading about Nobel Prize winner Linus Pauling's research on Vitamin C about five years ago, I've been taking 5-7 grams of Vitamin C per day. During that time, I have watched co-workers endure innumerable days of runny noses, headaches, coughs, bleary-eyed fatigue, and general crappiness, and never once myself had a cold or flu that was even noticeable enough to be sure whether I was in fact sick. I am very very thankful for this, and I feel I would be remiss in not at least trying to share the knowledge that has benefitted me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home