Semi-Random Ranting: Kerry vs. The Swift Vets
There are now FIVE proven Kerry lies/fabrications/gross exaggerations/inexplicable anomalies.
1) When one of the boats in his patrol was struck by a mine, the other boats did NOT flee as Kerry claimed in his campaign speech at the DNC convention. The campaign has admitted this was untrue.
2) Kerry was NOT in Cambodia on Christmas 1968, as he has claimed a dozen times, and had said on the Senate floor was "seared into his memory." He said that after being ordered there he heard Nixon say there were no troops in Cambodia (obviously Nixon had not yet taken office and could not have made any such statement in Dec 1968) which led him to protest the war. Despite months of searching Kerry cannot find A SINGLE SWIFT VET ANYWHERE who will corroborate his EVER being in Cambodia, and every Swift Boat commander has said no Swift Boat was ever sent to Cambodia. Kerry's own journal contradicts the story, and says he was in Sa Dec, 50 miles away from Cambodia. The campaign has admitted the Christmas is Cambodia story was untrue
3) Kerry's first Purple Heart was not from enemy fire as he earlier claimed, but from a self-inflicted wound he got playing around with a grenade while no enemies were around. Kerry's campaign was FORCED to admit this because Kerry's own journal contradicts his earlier statement by noting 9 days after the incident that he "had never been under enemy fire." This was also corroborated by Adm. William Schachte (U.S. Navy, ret.), who is NOT a member of Swift Vets for Truth.
And just in the past couple days:
4) The U.S. Navy has said it was "impossible" for Kerry to be awarded the Silver Star wth Combat V because the Combat V is NEVER awarded with the Silver Star. The Navy is now investingating the incident.
5) Sec'y of the Navy John Lehman says he "has no idea how" the citation for Kerry's award came to have his signature on it. "It is a total mystery to me. I never saw it. I never signed it. I never approved it. And the additional language it contains was not written by me," he said.
IF KERRY WANTS TO PROVE THEM WRONG, ALL HE HAS TO DO IS EXECUTE STANDARD FORM 180 SO WE CAN SEE *ALL* HIS RECORDS!!
94 pages of records unreleased? Reporting by the Washington Post's Michael Dobbs points out that although the Kerry campaign insists that it has released Kerry's full military records, the Post was only able to get six pages of records under its Freedom of Information Act request out of the "at least a hundred pages" a Naval Personnel Office spokesman called the "full file."